I’m headed to San Diego in a couple of weeks, and Stone Brewing Co., one of my favorite breweries, has a renowned restaurant, called the Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, in nearby Escondido, Calif. I want to visit the brewhouse when I’m in the area, so I checked Stone’s website for some directions from the city.
After digging around on the site a bit, I found some interesting information: Stone plans to open a new “40-50 room specialty hotel” in early 2014, across the street from Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens in Escondido.
That’s some crazy shit; a hotel from a craft brewer. I’ve definitely never heard of anything like that before…but I’m intrigued. Here’s all the information that’s available on Stone’s website:
- Across the street from Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens in Escondido
- 40-50 room specialty hotel
- Event space/barrel aging room
- 2 acres of outdoor event space
- $24 million initial investment
- Construction anticipated to commence early 2013
- Opening in early 2014
I hope the construction goes as planned, and I hope I get to do a Barfly’s View from the hotel lobby bar, assuming they build one.