Budweiser Pretends It Makes Good Beer with Brewmasters’ Project 12 Sampler Pack

Budweiser Project Twelve Sampler Pack Beer

Anheuser-Busch and its King of Shitty Beers, Budweiser, plan to release a 12-pack sampler of three new “craft” beers on October 29. Something tells me they’ll taste a lot like all of the other crap beers Budweiser brews.

The Budweiser Brewmasters’ Project Twelve sampler will feature three “Zip Code beers” that were named based the zip codes of the Budweiser breweries where they were created. The three beers will be as follows:  Budweiser Batch No. 91406 (Los Angeles), a deep-amber lager with 6-percent alcohol by volume (ABV); Budweiser Batch No. 63118 (St. Louis), a deep-golden pilsner with 6-percent ABV; and Budweiser Batch No. 23185 (Williamsburg, Va.), a bourbon-cask lager with 5.5-percent ABV.

The three beers were created as part of Budweiser’s Project 12, in which brewers from each of A-B’s 12 Budweiser breweries collaborated to create 12 beers, which were then tasted by “tens of thousands of consumers.” The company narrowed the total number of beers down from 12 to 3 based on taster feedback, and it is packaging the 3 most popular brews.

To be fair, I haven’t tried any of Bud’s new Project Twelve beers, so I can’t accurate say whether they’re just more of the same poor-quality swill from Budweiser. That said, I don’t think I’d waste money on any of them anyway, so I’ll probably never know.

Find more information on Budweiser’s Project Twelve sampler pack on Anheuser-Busch.com.

UBN

Advertisements
Tagged , , , , , , ,

13 thoughts on “Budweiser Pretends It Makes Good Beer with Brewmasters’ Project 12 Sampler Pack

1. […] into a beer bar that offers tons of great beers and orders a bottle of Bud Light. I also admit to harboring some degree of resentment for breweries like Anheuser Busch and MillerCoors, for the same reason that I resent companies such as Wal-Mart and Target—they […]

2. Bronko says:

You are an idiot. Calling Budweiser a shitty beer shows how ignorant you are. Ask the millions of people who drink it, if it is a shitty beer. I love you so called experts who hide live in your parents basements, who are jealous of the Big Boys. I’ve wasted enough of my time on you.

• What a thoughtful and intelligent comment, Bronko. Thank you. So your reasoning is that Bud makes good beer because tons of people drink it? Tons of people eat McDonald’s every day, too, but that doesn’t mean it’s good food. It’s cheap, not challenging and available on every street corner, just like Bud. By all means, drink Bud if you like it. It’s still poor quality swill, though.

Thanks for reading.

UBN

3. Bronko says:

Everybody’s tastes ARE different. I agree with you on that. Some people do think Mcdonalds is good food. I personally do not eat it, but that doesn’t mean it is bad for everyone. I would simply argue that if millions of people are buying Budweiser, it’s probably a pretty good product to some consumers.

• You can argue all you want, but that reasoning is flawed. Some people simply do not want “good beer,” just as some people don’t want good food–they want cheap and easy product. Budweiser makes beer for those people, and it sells a shitload of it, because the beer is cheap and flavorless and that’s what those drinkers want. Tons of people eat McDonald’s every day, and tons of people drink Budweiser every day. That does not mean McDonald’s is good foor, and it doesn’t mean Budweiser is good beer. But again, if somebody genuinely likes Bud, they should drink it.

UBN

4. Bronko says:

I’m curious. Are you saying that cheap beers are no good? If that’s the case, do you have an opinion on Yuengling products? I ask because i feel that is a quality American product that happens to be priced around Bud products. Would you consider that a “good beer”?

5. Andrew says:

Try these new Buds before you judge them. I did, and I was pleasantly surprised. All three brews are very smooth and are much better than Budweiser and Bud Light and better than some craft beers. It shows that A-B’s head brewmasters can be talented when they are allowed to deviate from their strict corporate recipes. I would buy this Project 12 sampler pack again, and I’m a craft beer drinker. Trust me, try them, then judge.

• Fair enough. I admit, and I wrote in my post, that I have not tried these beers. I honestly don’t plan on buying them either, because I don’t want to support A-B, and I’d rather give my money to a brewer that I respect. But I will try them if the opportunity to buy a single comes up or a friend has them or something. I’m also not at all saying A-B brewers aren’t talented. They are. It’s very difficult to make a consistent brew on such a large scale, from what I understand, even if it’s a shitty one.

UBN

• Mike H says:

Andrew I loved two out of three. I didn’t like the Deep Golden Pilsner…it has a funny after taste. My favorite was the Deep Amber Lager. It was outstanding. Best beer I’ve had in a long time…Problem is I can’t find the 12 pack samplers anywhere anymore! Heck I’d prefer to buy case quantities of the Deep Amber Lager!
      PS: I like regular Bud also…sorry….I’m also a home brewer and general beer nut…variety is the spice of life! As far as Yuengling goes…their Premium is much better than their Lager but not easy to get…Gotta live close to PA or Florida to get it. Their Porter rules! Chesterfield Ale is nice also.

6. […] InBev and Budweiser many times on this blog. And every time I sling harsh criticism at Budweiser, creepers come out of the woodwork to blast me for blasting Budweiser because doing so apparently is a beer-snob thing to do. It’s also […]

7. Tom kanzler says:

Well, do you feel better that you have knocked a product you have never tried? True AB makes vast quantities of their beer beverages, and they aren’t craft beers, but for years they satisfied a large portion of this countries desire for beer. They are still a major player in the beer market. NOT BAD FOR CRAP BEER.